[asterisk-users] About X100P and TDM400P analog card in China

Scott Zhang macromarship at gmail.com
Tue May 10 11:50:18 CDT 2011

Hello. All.
    I am a bit new to asterisk, started from half a month ago.
    I am setting up a home asterisk server with analog card. I am using
asterisk 1.4.27.
    At the moment, I bought a X100P card and installed it on my computer. I
used it to connect my home phone line. For the moment, it works fine when
dial in. Soon I noticed when I dial out through it to my mobile, it can't
hang up automatically after I hang up my mobile. After googled, I found the
reason as described as below link and some solutions.
http://www.asteriskguru.com/tutorials/resolving_hangup_detection_problems_fxo_tdm_voicemail.html
For me, none of solutions works.
    So I am rethinking should I buy another TDM400P card.
    But I am wondering because in China. The phone system looks different so
I don't know if TDM400P will work or not.

 Here is the flow when I am using X100P to dial out.
1. Pick up phone
I hear tone. DA~~~
2. press the number
tone: DA~~~
3. dialing~~~~
No more tone. Music playing~~~~~(lalala, I love lalal)
At the same time, on asterisk console, it prints out. "The call has been
answered".
Actually it is still dialing and my mobile is ringing because I didn't
answer the call.. The music was played by ISP
4. whether I answered the call or refuse the call. No more prints on
asterisk console.
But on phone end, when I refuse the call, instead of busytone, I hear the
voice "The phone you're dialing is busy now. Please try again later.".
So the whole thing is, during the whole call process, only before dialing,
we can hear the phone tone, for all other time, Dialing, refused, the ISP
will play music/voice instead of providing the tone. I don't understand how
x100p identify the status, I guess should be on the tone.
5. I wait asterisk/x100p to hangup the call and after 5 minutes, I have to
cut the phone line to force it hang up.

So can TDM400X work with such a system without tone only with music and
voice?

Thanks.
Regards.
Scott