[asterisk-users] receive faxes

vip killa vipkilla at gmail.com
Thu May 5 12:43:42 CDT 2011

The majority of open source projects out are NOT run by commercial
institutions... they are run by people committed to a better product (not to
making money)... they are maintained by people who have the resources to
host a repository (which does not take a lot of resources) and a community
of dedicated people who want to advance the product (and again NOT make
money)... what people do with the product is their decision and if they want
to use to it make money that is perfectly acceptable, but "commercial
support" or "commercial addons" provided by the "maintainers" (who are
obviously chosen and paid by Diguim in this case) of an opensource product
is obscene. Digium has a monopoly on asterisk and if you can't get something
to work, that means more money for them, if they break something you may end
up paying them $$ to fix it.