[asterisk-users] Compiling extra modules

Pan B. Christensen pan at ibidium.no
Wed May 4 11:01:48 CDT 2011

Hello,

I have been hired to fix a large and complicated installation using several Kamailio and Asterisk servers.

I found that I require some extra modules on some of the Asterisk servers. I was hoping to be able to compile only the modules needed and copy them to where they should be.

Asterisk was not compiled locally on each server! It was built elsewhere, added to svn and then checked out on each server. None of the directories are standard either. It will be a big job to replace all that.

When I copied the modules I had compiled and tried to load them, I got these errors:
*CLI> load res_odbc.so
[May 4 17:21:07] WARNING[24075]: loader.c:695 inspect_module: Module 'res_odbc.so' was not compiled with the same compile-time options as this version of Asterisk.
[May 4 17:21:07] WARNING[24075]: loader.c:696 inspect_module: Module 'res_odbc.so' will not be initialized as it may cause instability.
[May 4 17:21:07] WARNING[24075]: loader.c:734 load_resource: Module 'res_odbc.so' could not be loaded.

Is it possible to see somewhere what compile-time options were used when Asterisk was compiled? Do modules count as options? If I compile Asterisk on two equal servers with the same options and one extra module on one server. Can I then copy this module to the other server and load it?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,
Pan