[asterisk-users] HA Asterisk

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Sun May 1 15:16:30 CDT 2011

On May 1, 2011, at 10:09 AM, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 10:14 PM, Jim Dickenson <dickenson at cfmc.com> wrote:
> Xorcom makes a box that connects via USB that can do failover. You connect the box to the two system via a USB cable to each system. When the box detects the primary system fails it switches over the the second one. No need for any extra hardware, except a USB cable.
>
> http://www.xorcom.com/catalog/xr0015.html
>
> http://www.xorcom.com/optional-extras/twinstar.html
>

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for sharing the technical details. Still not able to understand the setup. Let me explain what i understand is the 8 PRI line would be connected to the xorcom box and from there USB out would be connected to Primary Asterisk Server and Secondary Asterisk Server.
>
> So we do not need any 8 port PRI Card on the  Primary Asterisk Server and Secondary Asterisk Server ?
>
> Please correct me if i am wrong.
>
> Thanks
>
> Kaushal

Correct, there are no cards inside any system. You have an external box that can have a combination of PRI, FXO and FXS ports; depending on need. The external box is connected via USB to the two systems. The twinstar option allows you to connect the external box to two systems via USB and provides fall over from primary to secondary on failure of the primary.