[asterisk-users] moh questions - quality and semi-streaming

Mike list at net-wall.com
Thu Mar 31 09:46:25 CDT 2011

Hi,

I have some customers complaining about moh quality, but never about voice
quality.  The moh files themselves sound great when listen to from a media
player, and given that I am streaming the files through DAHDI (while voice
goes from DAHDI to SIP, so more chances of problems) I would expect moh to
be of more consistent quality than voice itself, but it turns out to be the
opposite.

Anything I am missing?

Also, I'd like my MOH files to work like a CD player: everybody listening is
at the same point, and new callers join in wherever the file is at that
moment,  instead of everyone always starting from the beginning. Isn`t this
more efficient anyways, having Asterisk to only transcode the file once and
play it many times?

Mike