[asterisk-users] E1 PRI configuration: DAHDI and LIBPRI

Warren Selby wcselby at selbytech.com
Tue Mar 29 18:10:45 CDT 2011

Sorry for the top post, responding from my phone...

Yes, you'll need both DAHDI and libpri to make an E1 card work with asterisk.

Yes, you'll most likely use the Dial() command inside extensions.conf in order to dial out. You'll differentiate your PRI channels from your analog channels in your chan_dahdi.conf file (I believe), probably using groups (although I suppose you could just use channel numbers).

I believe you can verify that libpri has been compiled into asterisk by issuing a 'pri show' command at the console after you've got everything running.

Thanks,
--Warren Selby, dCAP