[asterisk-users] Dialplan help: hang up incoming call and call the number back

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Mon Mar 28 06:44:50 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to setup Asterisk so that:

1. I call a specific number that goes to a defined extension from my
phone (an external line).
2. Asterisk notes my phone number (the CLID) and hangs up without
picking up the call.
3. Asterisk initiates a call to my phone and prompts me for a passkey.
4. Asterisk validates the passkey and lets me enter another number (say FOO).
5. Asterisk dials FOO on my behalf and lets me talk to FOO.

I'm currently using extension "h" for handling the post-hangup
processing; however this seems to involve a lot of validation (since
other calls are also terminating into the same context and,
eventually, getting hungup) and has issues passing variables between
extensions.  Is there a better way of handling the post-hangup
processing?

Regards,

-- Raj