[asterisk-users] Why shouldn't I use 1.8?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Fri Mar 25 12:19:31 CDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Douglas
Mortensen
Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 12:16 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Why shouldn't I use 1.8?

A quick question. When looking at issues.asterisk.org, It allows issues/bugs
to be filtered by "Asterisk Version". The 1.8.x options for the filter are:

1.8.2.3
1.8.2.4
1.8.3.2
1.8.4-rc2

Do you guys know whether bugs from the older version should still show up as
issues in the newer versions assuming that they weren't patched with the
newer version release? In other words, if I look at the issues/bugs for
1.8.4-rc2, can I feel confident that any bugs from previous releases that
are not explicitly listed for 1.8.4-rc2 have been patched somewhere between
that version and 1.8.4-rc2? Or should I examine every single issue for every
1.8.x version & look at the notes on each bug? Or if a bug's status is set
to Closed, can I assume that the latest release (1.8.4-rc2) should not
exhibit the bug?

I appreciate your input. I just want to make sure that I take the correct
approach to this and don't wind up with a system with bugs that I wasn't
expecting.

-
Doug Mortensen
Network Consultant
Impala Networks
P: 505.327.7300
.

Personally I would check each one as there are #1 bugs that "live" from
version to version and #2 (and this doesn't happen too often, but it does)
bugs introduced by other bug fixes.