[asterisk-users] checking dahdi channels

Nathan Pryor nathanpryor at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 11:15:04 CDT 2011

Hi list!

Our company is currently using 3 asterisk boxes in 3 locations
connected through iax2. Our main office makes and receives many more
calls than the other two. I'm looking for a way to check within the
dialplan how many channels are in use at the main office so if it
reaches a threshold outgoing calls can be iax'ed to one of the
satellite locations. Is there a command I could use directly in the
dialplan or with the manager interface to get the number of used
channels? All locations are running 1.6.2.0 with dahdi 2.2.0.2.

thanks
-nathan