[asterisk-users] Usage of lock in CDR

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at meg.abyt.es
Tue Mar 22 05:01:26 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 22 March 2011 02:20:24 Nikhil wrote:
> Thanks for reply. I am trying to understand how CDR in asterisk is
> working(Code wise),because some issue are there in  CDR in call feature
> scenarios like call transfer ,call forward etc.I wanted to fix that
> issues for that I am planning to rewriting the CDR logic.Do you have any
> document which explain how CDR works in asterisk and what are its
> limitations.

Good luck with that.  That subsystem has been gone over many times in an
effort to improve it.  The basic problem is that CDR is designed for a much
simpler time, when we did not have things like call transfers, 3-way
calling, call conferences, and the like, so it is maladapted for modern
usage.  A much better method is the CEL subsystem, which generates events
which can be analysed after the fact to create a much clearer picture about
how a call progressed.

--
Tilghman