[asterisk-users] Answering machine detection for a second leg call generated by a call file.

federico cabiddu federico.cabiddu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 08:31:58 CDT 2011

Hi,
you could use AMD app
(http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+cmd+AMD) and
connect the two calls or not according to the result of AMD. But:
1) results can be more or less accurate depending on the settings and
the goodness of the parameters can depend also on the callee country
(some languages have greetings longer then others for example)
2) there will be a more or less long silence time (depending on the
totalAnalysisTime parameter), before the two legs are connected. This
is a problem for some Call Center. I read once on the list about
someone working on an AMD version which allows to have the bridged
audio during the analysis period, but I don't know more (I'm talking
about version 1.4.x).

Regards,

Federico