[asterisk-users] Asterisk -rx command not returning data - Version 1.4.33.1

Paddy Grice paddy at wizaner.com
Mon Mar 14 14:19:18 CDT 2011

Hi List

I am having trouble running the command

siptest:~# asterisk -rx 'dialplan reload'

most times it does what I expect and I get a response as below

siptest:~# asterisk -rx 'dialplan reload'
Dialplan reloaded.

every now and then I get no response i.e.

siptest:~# asterisk -rx 'dialplan reload'
siptest:~#

and a "verbose 10" setting shows

[Mar 14 19:07:41] ERROR[3092]: utils.c:968 ast_carefulwrite: write()
returned error: Broken pipe
    -- Remote UNIX connection disconnected
siptest*CLI>

I assume the problem is timing but any ideas on how to fix it

The test is running in an idle box Debian Lenny asterisk version 1.4.33.1
unpatched

Any ideas would be helpful

Paddy