[asterisk-users] Anyone (else) need an asynchronous asterisk event->action framework ?

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Mon Mar 14 12:17:42 CDT 2011

I did a google talk,skype, SIP, asterisk, IRC async event driven voice/IM mashup
for the voip user's conference - (see http://wp.me/pgOOh-4a for a description)

I've ended up with a thing that could (with some work) be turned into an asynchronous
asterisk event->action framework.

The basic premise is that you write filter terms to asynchronously match events and actions to carry out when an
event matches - like this:

        acts += new FilteredEventAction("DialEvent", // what sort of even we want
            {event -> event.subEvent ==  "Begin"  && event.dialString=="200901 at zipdxn-out"}, // filter to just the events we care about
            {event -> doSomethingZipDXSpecificHere( event.callerIdNum ) } // do something....
            });

If I were to polish this up and make an open source framework of it would anyone use it ?

Tim.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementor
www.westhawk.co.uk