[asterisk-users] Is H323 supported when installing Asterisk from Digium Yum repository?

Patrick Lists asterisk-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 14 11:09:59 CDT 2011

On 03/14/2011 04:36 PM, Bruce B wrote:
> Thanks for the input.
>
> I can see the module loaded but yet the command "core show channel
> types" doesn't show H323 in channel list. Maybe ooh323 is not supposed
> to show in that list?
>
> server55667*CLI> module show like 323
> Module                         Description
>   Use Count
> chan_ooh323.so                 Objective Systems H323 Channel           0
> 1 modules loaded

Here's what I get on an Asterisk 1.4 box with an asterisk-addons RPM
installed which contains chan_ooh323.so and ooh323.conf:

test*CLI> module load chan_ooh323
[Mar 14 16:58:55] NOTICE[19253]: chan_ooh323.c:2532 load_module:
---  ******* IMPORTANT NOTE ***********
---
---  This module is currently unsupported.  Use it at your own risk.
---
   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/ooh323.conf': Found
     --   == Setting default context to default
   == Registered channel type 'OOH323' (Objective Systems H323 Channel
Driver)
  Loaded chan_ooh323 => (Objective Systems H323 Channel)

And here's is the output of "module show like 323":

test*CLI> module show like 323
Module                         Description
Use Count
chan_ooh323.so                 Objective Systems H323 Channel
0
1 modules loaded

And here is the output from "core show channeltypes" (bit messy due to
the linewrap):

test*CLI> core show channeltypes
Type        Description                              Devicestate
Indications  Transfer
----------  -----------                              -----------
-----------  --------
OOH323      Objective Systems H323 Channel Driver    no           yes
        no
[snip the rest]

And finally the output of "core show channeltype OOH323":

test*CLI> core show channeltype<tab>
Agent    CAPI     Console  Gtalk    IAX2     Local    OOH323   Phone
SIP      Zap      SCCP

test*CLI> core show channeltype OOH323
-- Info about channel driver: OOH323 --
   Device State: no