[asterisk-users] Multiple SIP endpoint registrations

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Thu Mar 10 15:42:07 CST 2011

"--[ UxBoD ]--" <uxbod at splatnix.net> writes:

> Hi,
> With Asterisk 1.8 is it now possible to register the same SIP account at
> multiple endpoints and for both to ring when the associated extension is
> dialed ?

No. Our solution is to give each phone an account and make a
Local/234 at somecontext which dials SIP/234-foo&SIP/234-bar.

There are some challenges with Local channels, and we are working with
Olle E. Johansson to get some of them resolved. One of them is that in
some cases Asterisk cannot do reinvite if Local is done without /n.

/Benny