[asterisk-users] Multiple SIP endpoint registrations

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 07:28:13 CST 2011

You can register multiple end users with only one sip account but asterisk
does not support ringing all the registered phones on single account.
Whenever a new registration comes, asterisk updates its contact info in
memory. So if the registration is coming from multiple end users (multiple
ip address and port) then the call will be placed to the phone who sent
latest registration request. Asterisk does not keep track of all the ip
addresses for single account registration.

What we have done to ring all the end users with same account is that we
listen to registration requests thru manager api in order to detect multiple
registration. If we have detected multiple registration then we store the
contact information of all the end user phones which are related to single
account. And when asterisk receives a dial request for that user, we create
a temporary/fake users (as many as needed) in memory and dial all of them in
the code not thru Dial application as it does not support thsi scenario.

We are still working on this scenario. It is in working condition but in
testing phase.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 4:14 PM, --[ UxBoD ]-- <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With Asterisk 1.8 is it now possible to register the same SIP account at
> multiple endpoints and for both to ring when the associated extension is
> dialed ?
> --
> Thanks, Phil
>
> --