[asterisk-users] Asterisk queues : command to run when a call isbeing bridged

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Thu Mar 10 15:37:35 CST 2011

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:30 PM
To: 'Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion'
Subject: [asterisk-users] Asterisk queues : command to run when a call
isbeing bridged

Hi,

Is there any way to run a command (AGI script, whatever else) at that moment
when the call that was in the queue is being bridged to a specific agent?

An examples of what I would want to do with this is, for example, have
Asterisk ask the caller for his 4 digit customer ID before being put in the
Queue.  Once I know who the caller is being connected to (which agent) I'd
run a script that has the agent and the customer ID as parameters.

So the script needs to run only when we know who`s taking the call.

Where do I start, what function/option do I use?

Mike

Looks like a simple modification (famous last words) to your queue command:

core show application queue

  -= Info about application 'Queue' =-

[Synopsis]

Queue a call for a call queue

[Description]

  Queue(queuename[|options[|URL][|announceoverride][|timeout][|AGI]):

Queues an incoming call in a particular call queue as defined in
queues.conf.

This application will return to the dialplan if the queue does not exist, or

any of the join options cause the caller to not enter the queue.

The option string may contain zero or more of the following characters:

      'd' -- data-quality (modem) call (minimum delay).

      'h' -- allow callee to hang up by hitting '*', or whatver disconnect
sequence

             defined in the featuremap section in features.conf.

      'H' -- allow caller to hang up by hitting '*', or whatever disconnect
sequence

             defined in the featuremap section in features.conf.

      'n' -- no retries on the timeout; will exit this application and

             go to the next step.

      'i' -- ignore call forward requests from queue members and do nothing

             when they are requested.

      'r' -- ring instead of playing MOH

      't' -- allow the called user transfer the calling user by pressing '#'
or

             whatever blindxfer sequence defined in the featuremap section
in

             features.conf

      'T' -- to allow the calling user to transfer the call by pressing '#'
or

             whatever blindxfer sequence defined in the featuremap section
in

             features.conf

      'w' -- allow the called user to write the conversation to disk via
Monitor

             by pressing the automon sequence defined in the featuremap
section in

             features.conf

      'W' -- allow the calling user to write the conversation to disk via
Monitor

             by pressing the automon sequence defined in the featuremap
section in

             features.conf

  In addition to transferring the call, a call may be parked and then picked

up by another user, by transferring to the parking lot extension. See
features.conf.

  The optional URL will be sent to the called party if the channel supports

it.

  The optional AGI parameter will setup an AGI script to be executed on the

calling party's channel once they are connected to a queue member.

  The timeout will cause the queue to fail out after a specified number of

seconds, checked between each queues.conf 'timeout' and 'retry' cycle.

  This application sets the following channel variable upon completion:

      QUEUESTATUS    The status of the call as a text string, one of

             TIMEOUT | FULL | JOINEMPTY | LEAVEEMPTY | JOINUNAVAIL |
LEAVEUNAVAIL