[asterisk-users] Is H323 supported when installing Asterisk from Digium Yum repository?

Jose P. Espinal jpe at slackware-es.com
Thu Mar 10 14:29:20 CST 2011

Bruce B wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Installed asterisk from yum repository but I think H.323 is not
> supported as I tried commands like this and they don't work:

[snip]

> Of course I can't go to source since I am using the repository. How can
> I install H.323. Is that OH323 I should look for?

a. About the first question:
As Danny N. said on his response, H.323 is not available on yum, you
would have to do it from source.

b. About OH323 and H.323:
You could try OH323, but personally (from past experiences) I would go
with H.323.

Several weeks ago I posted some SlackBuilds (Script for making slackware
binary packages) of Asterisk to the list. You could download the scripts
and pickup some tips in order to compile the latest version of H323plus
(new name for H.323 project).

IMO, H323plus project team has made a great job working on H.323
implementation.

The scripts are located at:
http://packages.eslackware.com/slackbuilds/asterisk/

If you run into any difficulties about any detail on the scripts, you
are free to contact me off-list (of course, for free. No charge, not
fee, etc)

--
Jose P. Espinal
http://www.eSlackware.com