[asterisk-users] Error compiling Asterisk 1.8.3 on Sun SPARC x64 w/Debian Squeeze

Stuart Longland redhatter at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 7 17:31:19 CST 2011

On 03/08/11 09:21, RR wrote:
> Hello Stuart
>
> On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 6:09 PM, Stuart Longland <redhatter at gentoo.org
> <mailto:redhatter at gentoo.org>> wrote:
>
>     Even if it doesn't help fix the problem, you probably will want to use
>     at least -mcpu=v9 (educated guess looking at the gcc manpage) if it's an
>     UltraSPARC as that will give you some of these instructions.  Asterisk
>     strikes me as an application that'd make fairly hefty use of things like
>     integer multiplication.
>
> Ok, where would I put this -mcpu=v9 in the configure line?
>
> I tried ./configure CFLAGS="-mcpu=v9"?

Normally it's specified in the environment; so maybe CFLAGS="-mcpu=v9"
./configure…

> BTW, at the end of the configure script, it's already detecting the host
> cpu as sparc64. If that helps. Maybe -march needs to be specified
> somewhere?

Maybe, the fact that it detected 'sparc64' probably is more a case of
telling the build system that the system is big-endian, requires that
data structures be 64-bit aligned, etc.  Use of features that weren't in
the first SPARC is an optional extra.

>     Another place to ask might be the Debian-SPARC mailing list?
>
> haha funny, I was just writing an email to that list when your email hit
> my inbox :)

Telepathy; seems we think alike. :-D  Must be due to me being from the
same part of the world.
--
Stuart Longland (aka Redhatter, VK4MSL)      .'''.
Gentoo Linux/MIPS Cobalt and Docs Developer  '.'` :

I haven't lost my mind...
  ...it's backed up on a tape somewhere.