[asterisk-users] server performance....

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 11:20:01 CST 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 2:13 PM, viswavardhanreddy karna
<viswavardhanreddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi every one,
>                      I am doing some experiments on asterisk server
> performance...... How can we know server performance? can any one explain me
> plz....
>  I have 2 doubts regarding the asterisk server performance...
>
> 1. When can we know asterisk server performance?
>     1. when server is in idle state ?
>     2. when the server is in busy state?
>
> can any one please tell me when can the server performance is known i mean
> when server is busy or in idle state?????????
>
> Best Regards,
> viswavardhanreddy

Many people test their servers with call-setups and call tear-downs.
Using another tool like sipp you can send 100-1000s of call-setups and
then do call tear-downs.  You can also use transcoding loops to test
the load.  If you have 1 call that is sent to a context where it dials
exten+1 and continues the loop until a target number, you can then set
the codec for each dialed number.  I know that there are many methods
of testing and this is just a common one.

~~~ Andrew "lathama" Latham lathama at gmail.com ~~~