[asterisk-users] Testing from where number is...

jon pounder jonp at inline.net
Thu Mar 3 15:09:39 CST 2011

On 03/03/2011 03:53 PM, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> Not having an in-depth knowledge of how EU numbering works, I would
> still suggest that you could get pretty far with the numberingplans
> AGI if you made a database that blocked out the number once it came up
> as a cell.  In the U.S. cell phones have their own "local" code, IE
> 205616XXXX is going to be a cell so you can eliminate 205-616-0000
> thru 205-616-9999.

with number portability in north america, even knowing the npa npx
doesn't really help you, you can port a landline to a cell or vice
versa, you can tell what carrier/media the number was originally
allocated from but if it was ever ported that information is meaningless.

Granted not a lot of people port numbers since you still have to argue
to get it done around here (in Canada) but its been the law for several
years if its still a local exchange the porting costs $30 and they have
to do it if you ask.