[asterisk-users] Functionality Questions

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Wed Mar 2 16:07:49 CST 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kyle Baczynski
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 3:54 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Functionality Questions

 Hello,

 I am looking at implementing Asterisk for a project I'm working on.

 I need to authenticate a user against a database, and implement CC
 processing; shouldn't be a problem with PHP-AGI.

 In addition, I need to do several other things.

 After a user has been authenticated, they will be prompted to be sent
 to a queue. Before they're put in the queue, they need the option of
 recording a short message. When an agent picks up the phone, the message
 should be played to the agent (user still on hold) and the agent will
 then have the option of accepting or rejecting the call.

 Once in the call, a timer needs to be started. The timer will be a
 variable length (depending on the client). After that many minutes, the
 call needs to be disconnected. A minute prior to disconnection, I'd like
 a tone to be played on both ends signaling the impending termination of
 the call.

 Is this possible with Asterisk? Where do I start?

 Thank you

--
 Kyle Baczynski

As I interpret this, this is all possible and has been covered in somewhat
recent threads.