[asterisk-users] ReceiveFax to G.711

Michael voip.question at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:06:48 CDT 2011

Hi Kevin,

Controlling it through the sip.conf peers is sufficient for us for this case
(because this particular provider doesn't support T.38 at all), but I think
it would be a good idea to add the option to enable/disable T.38 from the
dialplan. If I recall correctly, that's how callweaver worked at the time.

Also, we just checked it, and since for that provider, we have other codecs
in higher priorities (like GSM, for example) than G.711, G.711 was not
chosen as the only codec, so the fax transmission failed. We can not
prioritize G.711 over the other codecs in the sip.conf, for the obvious
reasons, so for this, we need to do it in the dialplan. How can we do it?

Thanks.