[asterisk-users] ReceiveFax to G.711

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Mon Jun 27 06:41:22 CDT 2011

On 06/27/2011 06:11 AM, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> While using FFA, how can we program a specific extensions.conf script to
> accept the fax in G.711, while for other calls (from a different
> source), to allow T.38 with or without fallback?
>
> The current ReceiveFax(filename,f) is not working for us with one of our
> providers.

You can't control this in the dialplan. You control this by disabling
T.38 support in sip.conf for that provider (setting 't38pt_updtl' to
'no'). However, don't expect very high reliability transferring FAX over
G.711 over the Internet.

Alternatively, if your provider claims to support T.38, then ensure you
are running an updated version of Asterisk, and if you still can't make
FAX work over T.38 with them, post debug logs here and we can try to
help you figure why it's not working.

--
Kevin P. Fleming