[asterisk-users] Monitor Asterisk and Ast-gui

Flavio Miranda flaviormiranda at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:00:09 CDT 2011

Hi Richard,

 Take a look at Zabbix Software ,it is a great monitor

Att,

Flavio Roberto Miranda

MSN:flaviormiranda at hotmail.com
Skype: flaviormiranda

From: thp at westhawk.co.uk
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 16:28:30 +0100
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Monitor Asterisk and Ast-gui

On 24 Jun 2011, at 07:41, Richard Zulu wrote:Hey,
I have installed asterisk 1.8 on Slackware 13.1 from source and it is working well.
I have 300 ip phones in a natted environment and my asterisk server has a public IP

I would love to monitor my SIP activity on my VOIP Server, statistics like amount of sip traffic, who made what call and to whom, how many calls were made in a month, how many ip phones are up and running, which sip phone has made most calls among others.

How best can I do that?
On the other hand, I have also tried installing ast-gui onto asterisk 1.8, it has installed well but it however keeps looping whenever i try to login in, it says checking permissions on gui folder and loops. Haven't found much help on other mailing lists, any direction given in welcome.

ThanksRichard Zulu

Twitterwww.twitter.com/richardzulu
Skype: zulu.richard

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

I've solved this a couple of different ways, depending on the nature of the reporting.
The 'conventional' way is to  have CDR log to a relational database (probably not mySQL)and then write queries against that data.
It can get quite tricky to get things like max-active-calls out of CDR although it is possible if you are sneaky and have a decent database engine.
  select max(        (select count (s.cdr_key)                from cdr s                where s.created_at -(s.billsec/(24*60*60)) < a.created_at  -(a.billsec/(24*60*60))                and s.created_at > a.created_at - (a.billsec/(24*60*60))                and s.accountcode in ('VUCME','ZDX')        )+1) as channels        from cdr awhere        to_char(a.created_at,'IWYY') = {@weekno}        and a.accountcode in ('VUCME','ZDX')        order by a.created_at - a.billsec/(24*60*60)
for example.
The dis advantage of this is that it is purely retrospective - cdr gets written at the end of the call (mostly).
The unconventional way is to hang something like Asterisk-java (or adhearsion) off the manager and have it collect events into 'interesting' silos - modern languages like groovy and Ruby are pretty good at thissort of thing.
Last I looked SNMP only tells you about the _current_ state of the calls, no retrospection at all.

Tim Panton - Web/VoIP consultant and implementorwww.westhawk.co.uk