[asterisk-users] How to set BRI-to-BRI trunk using 2 HA8+B400M cards [SOLVED]

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 23 04:01:42 CDT 2011

Asterisk1----- <SIP>----- Patton

>  (Cross link between Asterisk1 and Patton (Beware of potential clock loop))
>

> > The box Asterisk2 ast I referred to it previously, is here to behave
> > as the PSTN.
> > As a consequence, I tought that :
> > 1. I should set each Asterisk2 port as NT/PTP.
>
> The NT/PTP port should not have termination resistors enabled.
>
> Richard
>
> --

Theorically, does the order with which cables are plugged into a box matters
(as fas as Termination setting is concerned) ?

I'm asking because, thanks to your advice, it is working today tough the
same settings (it seems) failed yesterday.

For reference, here are my settings:

AST1 ----<BRI>---- AST2 ----<BRI>---- Patton

AST1:
span=1,1,0,ccs,ami,term,te
signalling = bri_cpe

AST2 (port1 to AST1):
span=1,0,0,ccs,ami,term,nt
signalling = bri_net

AST2 (port2 to Patton):
span=2,0,0,ccs,ami,nt
signalling = bri_net

Other experimental findings:
When connecting one Asterisk box in NT mode to a single box (either an
Asterisk box or a Patton), is does work no matter how termination is se (for
this NT box).

When connecting one Asterisk box in NT mode to 2 boxes (an Asterisk box and
a Patton), then termination settings matter.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help.