[asterisk-users] Cisco IP Phones and Skinny in asterisk

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 20 05:38:24 CDT 2011

Dears;

OK, I have two things now:

1) When I do reload from the asterisk CLI, then all the skinny phones are reset. This is very bad thing, how to avoid this from happening in each reload? Even if the reload will be done to take sip configuration !!

2) The line tone that is heared (the normal toooooooooo tone which is heared when picking up the handset to place a call), now: while dialing the digits, I stay hear the tooooooooooo !!! It start ringing at the destination and I am still hearing the toooooooooooooooooo, the destination answer the call and I am still hearing the toooooooo.

How to resolve this?

Please note that currently I am not giving the Phone any files from the TFTP, I just give the Phone the TFTP IP address (which takes it from the DHCP option) and it come to asterisk and register.

I am able to call the extension of this Phone and it rings, but when pickup the handset to answer the call, I just hear toooooooooooo even the caller with me in the line and he is saying Hellooo but at Cisco Skinny Phone, I do not hear his voice, I just hear the tooooooooo.

Appreciate the kindly help.
Regards
Bilal