[asterisk-users] Realtime Failover - Multiple DSN 's in extconfig.conf

Stuart Elvish stuart.elvish at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 00:56:59 CDT 2011

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to configure extconfig.conf with
multiple DSN's for failover? The current configuration option appears
to only support definition of a single DSN with an optional database
table. Sample configuration is:
sippeers => odbc,mysql-asterisk,sipendpoints

I am currently using Asterisk -> ODBC -> MySQL Cluster and would like
Asterisk to automatically fail over to the backup MySQL server if
there is a connection issue. I know there is middle-ware available
that will do fail over but I would prefer to have Asterisk handle it
directly (or have the ODBC driver handle it directly).