[asterisk-users] Problem with ReceiveFAX app from FFA

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Jun 19 19:18:22 CDT 2011

On 06/20/2011 03:38 AM, khalid touati wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I solved temporarely my issue by kind of tricking Asterisk, I used the
> following line instead of the old:
> exten => h,n,System('/usr/local/
> bin/fax2mail -p -f "${FAXFILENOEXT}" --cid-number ${CALLERID(num)}
> --cid-name "${CALLERID(name)}" --dest-name "Sir/Madam"')
> now when it hang up I receive my fax through email, and let me tell
> you (first time using Free Fax from Asterisk) ReceiveFAX catch well
> faxes, just a couple tries but got them all, let's see with more faxes
> what will happen.

Why do you consider this a temporary fix? The far end machine will
normally hang up at the end of the FAX, so the hangup option in the
dialplan is exactly where you should expect to be.

If you need a couple of tries for some of your FAXes, it doesn't sound
like FFA is working very well for you. Check the timing of your
telephony channel. If you get more than 1% failures when sending FAXes
to and from your own equipment you should be looking into the cause.

Steve