[asterisk-users] sig_pri.c:985 pri_find_dchan: Span 1: No D-channels available! Using Primary channel as D-channel anyway!

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Tue Jun 14 19:22:08 CDT 2011

> Is it possible that the installation libpri-1.4.11.5 newer than the
> libpri-1.4.11.5-patch?
>
> Well, when I typed (note: I am trying to apply the
> libpri-1.4.11.5-patch for the libpri-1.4.11.5):
>
> libpri-1.4.11.5# patch -p0 -i libpri-1.4.11.5-patch
>
> It gave me that patched detected as shown below (example of one file,
> and I got same for other files):
>
> patching file pri.c
> Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R?
>
> And when I reached to the q931, then it failed to save and apply the
> hunk !!

I don't know where you got that patch, but I would just use the
libpri SVN brahches/1.4 code.  It has the latest patches and fixes
even after the libpri 1.4.12-beta3 tag.

The committed "No D-channels available" fix only suppresses repetitions
of that message (about every 4 seconds) it does not fix the cause of any
communication problem.  Asterisk and libpri have independently fixed this
excessive repetition.  The commits were done to the respective branches
around November 2010.

One of the newer fixes in the libpri SVN code that may apply to you
involves the retransmission of I-frames.

1) Does "pri set debug 2 span 1" show message exchange with the PSTN or
is it one way traffic?

2) Does the D channel bounce up and down or is it continuously down?

3) Does chan_dahdi complain of CRC errors?

Richard