[asterisk-users] Voicemail issue

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Jun 14 19:11:21 CDT 2011

Ok here is a step by stop on how I can repeate the stuck voicemail box bug.

Now how do I fix it? Again I am on version 1.8.2.3 build.
Can some one with a newer build test and tell me if they get the same
results?

Example:  All testing has been done with a single message in the inbox.
User has a message in their inbox
They call in they listen to the message.
They press 9 to save the message.
They select to save the message back to the 0 folder (inbox)

The system changes the messages index from 0000 to index 0001
The user hangs up
The system leaves the message as index 0001

The user calls in again and it says they have messages but because there is
no 0000 index so they cant get at any messages in that folder.

This explains over 50 instances where voicemails would get stuck in boxes
with no 0000 indexed message.

How do I fix this issue ASAP?

Thanks

Bryant Zimmerman (ZK Tech Inc.)