[asterisk-users] multiple asterisk on 1 machine or other idea for using multiple network connection

Israel Gottlieb isrlgb at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 13:19:32 CDT 2011

Hi all

i have a scenario where i have 2 DSL lines (i know its not that reliable but
it fits the bill) connected to 1 box and would like my isp to round robin
between both dsl (to allow for more capacity - each dsl could get me thru
about 16-18 calls and i need about 30

incoming sip gets routed correct it goes out the same interface it came in
but rtp always gets routed out the default gateway
i can't force it with setting routes as i get the rtp for both links from
the same ip.

as far as i see its not possible for asterisk to have separate settings for
different contexts and thus being able to bind each context  to a differant
ip or differant static ip in sip contexts

so i am thinking of maybe setting up another asterisk instance on the same
box and binding that to the second ip and then routing from the second to
the first or setting up freeswitch as the second instance for the same idea

i have tried using opensbc and haven't gotten it to work the way i want

does anybody have a better idea?

also if i go with multiple asterisk how could i use the same binary and just
use a different  config (from Googling it looks as if it possible )

Thanks,
Israel