[asterisk-users] Request: please test modification to EWS calendar functionality

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Mon Jun 13 02:00:01 CDT 2011

Op 12-06-11 15:38, Anders Fudali schreef:
> Hi again,
>
> In my environment, I have my phones configured with the same username
> as the ActiveDirectory login and in order to map an incoming call to a
> username, I simply do a SQL query against a user and phone
> provisioning system that I've built.
> Therefor selecting the right user is "easy" in my case, I guess some
> sort of extension function would suffice for me. But I suppose that a
> "better" way would be to collect and store all user specific settings
> in a common place, such as in the sip configuration file.
>
> If possible, why not add both methods? Then you would probably have
> covered everyones needs.
>
> Regards
>
> Anders Fudali
>
> From: Michel Verbraak <michel at verbraak.org <mailto:michel at verbraak.org>>
> Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 14:59:02 +0200
> To: Anders Fudali <anders.fudali at jajja.com
> <mailto:anders.fudali at jajja.com>>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Request: please test modification to EWS
> calendar functionality
>
> Op 12-06-11 13:05, Anders Fudali schreef:
>> Hi Michel,
>>
>> I have a question regarding your recent added patch to the EWS
>> calendar function.
>>
>> Would it be possible from the dialplan to specify which users
>> calendar that I'd like to query? I'm looking for a way to query my
>> users calendars on incoming calls for "out of office" or "busy"
>> events without having to specify each user in the calendar
>> configuration file.
>>
>> Let me know if this is possible, thanks in advance.
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Anders Fudali
> Anders,
>
> Currently this is not possible. I have the same question on my to-do
> list from my Boss but it has low priority for now.
>
> For your question: How would you select the right user calendar in the
> dialplan? Do you want an extension -> exchangeuser table? Or extra
> field in sip accounts?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michel

Anders,

Please do not top post for readability. I also included the list again
because the previous post was send to me directly.

I was thinking of creating a new function call, from the dialplan, where
you can specify a calendar from the calendar.conf file for the
url+user+secret and as extra arguments the two new fields folderbase and
folderpath.

Something like
Set(status=${GET_CURRENT_CALENDAR_STATUS(calname,folderbase,folderpath)})

This extension to the calendar module will be a seperate patch and for
that to work the current one on the reviewboard needs to be included
into the main trunk of asterisk.

Are you able to test the current upload on the reviewboard and post your
results back to the board?

Regards,

Michel.