[asterisk-users] What is wrong in m

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Jun 7 20:19:19 CDT 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011, Bruce B wrote:

> What is wrong in below asterisk application? The output should be
> content of field booth_status from table booths:

I don't see 'booth_status' or 'booths' anywhere below.

> [extension-status]
> exten => _X.,1,MYSQL(Connect connid 127.0.0.1 root password my-extensions)
> exten => _X.,n,MYSQL(Query allow_call ${connid} SELECT extension_status FROM mytable WHERE extension=${CALLERID(num)} ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 1)
> exten => _X.,n,NoOp(allow_call is: ${allow_call})

0) The verbose() application is a 'better practice' than relying on the
obtuse side effect of noop().

1) If you execute the above snippet, what shows on the console log?

2) If you snip the select statement from the console log and paste it into
the mysql application's command line interface, what do you get?

I've never used the dialplan MySQL interface so I may be missing something
obvious. (I prefer to do database activities in AGIs.)

--
Thanks in advance,