[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 minimum modules/configuration

Chris Bagnall asterisk at lists.minotaur.cc
Tue Jun 7 12:04:31 CDT 2011

Greetings list,

Has anyone compiled (or could point me at) a list of the minimum required
modules and conf files for a very basic 1.8 deployment?

We have lots of 1.4 boxes in production, and I'm currently setting up a pair
of 1.8 boxes to bounce calls coming in via IAX over IPv6 over to the
existing 1.4 boxes. All the new installs need to do is receive calls via IAX
and send them out via SIP to the 1.4 boxes. No ISDN or analogue channels, no
voicemail, no conferences, codec translations, etc. - just the minimum
number of modules necessary for basic IAX to SIP routing.

Suggestions gratefully appreciated, otherwise I guess I'll try disabling
everything, then gradually enabling modules as needed :-)

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Chris