[asterisk-users] Pops & clicks at the end of sound files

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Jun 6 23:39:21 CDT 2011

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011, Sherwood McGowan wrote:

> The argument is question is the trim command. If the OP wishes to find
> an automagic method, they would need to determine the length of the file
> in seconds, then feed the length - durationofthepop to the sox trim
> command

Or, you could use the 'reverse' command, trim the first xxx milliseconds,
and then reverse again. Then you don't need to know how long the file is.

Or, (and this is the one I've always thought was really cool but never
mastered) the 'silence' command can trim leading, trailing, and excessive
silence between words. It has 'thresholds' that may be of use to eliminate
the trailing pop. But since I've never mastered it, I'm just guessing :)

Veering further off topic...

If somebody really knows there stuff, I suspect the highpass and lowpass
filters could also help produce more intelligible prompts.

Anyone, anyone?

--
Thanks in advance,