[asterisk-users] standalone PRI-to-SIP converter

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Thu Jun 2 02:19:02 CDT 2011

On 5/27/11 6:33 PM, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Personally I'd avoid Patton. No-one has a clue how to configure them.
> I've struggled for the past couple of days and have given up and they're
> being sent back to be replaced by Mediatrix boxes.

Then you're asking the wrong people. It is totally possible to get a
Patton to be configured correctly. Since PRI is much easier to configure
than a BRI interface (PtP, PtMP?) it shouldn't be that hard.

The problem with these very powerful VoIP to ISDN gateways is that they
have lots of things to configure, some more intuitive than others. If
you're using real hardware, be prepared to spend real time and effort
into configuring them.

The webinterfaces on Patton or Audiocodes gateways are miles better than
the CLI on a Cisco AS5350 or the CLI on an Acme Packet SBC. The bad rep
Patton and Audiocodes seem to have is probably related to them using the
same software for a simple 2xFXO port gateway as those for 4xISDN BRI or
4x ISDN PRI.

--
Andreas Sikkema