[asterisk-users] Serious bug in 1.6.2.19 - what is the time frame to fix such bugs?

Vahan Yerkanian vahan at arminco.com
Sun Jul 31 03:03:07 CDT 2011

On 7/30/11 7:39 AM, Bruce B wrote:
> I think this should be a quick fix since it's rendering the latest
> stable version useless and making the impression that it was released
> just to break things and force people onto 1.8x. Just a thought...no
> blame game. But really something like this should be tackled quickly. No
> point to break things so badly on the last stable version.
>
> Regards,

Confirming this issue on 10+ 1.6.2.19 Asterisk servers. This problem
makes it difficult to do edits on sip.conf on production systems, as
there is ~25% chance that you'll crash the server and cut the
established calls. The problem does not exist in 1.6.2.18...

I think this problem should be fixed or the 1.6.2.19 should be removed
from the digium repo.

Regards,
Vahan