[asterisk-users] Capturing call Reject/Decline events on a PRI line

Richard Mudgett rmudgett at digium.com
Fri Jul 29 14:55:25 CDT 2011

> We enable pri intense debug with the standard asterisk PRI dialplan,
> collected the logs and you can find the logs attached to the mail.
>
> After the call was made, the called party cut the call, and asterisk
> doesn't seem to recognise the event.
>
> I can't make much sense of the logs given my non-existent background
> in telephony. Would somebody here help me figure why the event wasn't
> captured?

There is no event for Asterisk to recognize.  The PROGRESS message just
says that there is an audio message available for the caller to listen
to.  Asterisk just passes the indication to the peer channel and opens
the audio path.  It is the caller who must recognize any audio message
that their call has been dropped.  As far as ISDN is concerned, the
call has not been answered yet so Asterisk must keep waiting.

Richard