[asterisk-users] call forwarding number from outside.

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jul 29 09:48:01 CDT 2011

On 07/29/2011 10:41 AM, Danny Nicholas wrote:

<snip>

> Couple of questions -
> This "magic trick" is contained in app_dial?
> Functionality is inherent to 1.8/10.X structure so we can't re-invent this
> in our old 1.4/1.6 installs?

No, it's core functionality, implemented in the channel drivers and
using control frames that pass through bridges. It would be a large
amount of effort to implement it again in 1.4/1.6. It extends well
beyond simple dialing, as it can receive updates across external
protocols and pass them along, it handles call redirection, and various
other features.

--
Kevin P. Fleming