[asterisk-users] Asterisk as a Operator Phone

Nikhil d.nikhil at cem-solutions.net
Tue Jul 26 02:37:35 CDT 2011

I am using asterisk as a client not as a server. For client I need
features like transfer ,call forward ,multiple lines as in normal IP
Phones like CISOC,polycom.

In asterisk ,we have chan_alsa driver that will communicate to the local
soundcard. If I installed asterisk in my ubuntu system,and using CLI
command I can make calls outside and once call connected I can hear and
talk from my Headphone.

I planing to enhance chan_alsa module to get the features same as in
SIP client.

Thanks
Nikhil