[asterisk-users] callgroup and pickupgroup (Carlos Chavez)

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 25 08:18:16 CDT 2011

What I am looking for is:

If my IP Phone is related to a pickup group #1 and a call is ringing at pickup group #2, so I can pickup the call that is ringing at group #2 and I do not know its extensions?

In other words, how can I pickup any phone that is ringing without knowing its extension, but this Phone who is ringing, it is belongs to ther pickup group that my phone is belongs to.

This feature is required when we have two floors, and we divided first floor to be in a pickup group and second floor to be in a second pickup group, so if a call is ringing in floor 2 and I am in floor 1 (and I hear the ring), so how I will pickup the call that is in floor 2 and I do not know at which extension is ringing.

One more thing: what is the use for the callgroup? Does it has any use related to pickup the call?

Appreciate your kindly advise and help.
Regards
Bilal