[asterisk-users] Phase out macro command.

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Fri Jul 22 10:52:33 CDT 2011

 From: "Bryant Zimmerman" <BryantZ at zktech.com>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2011 11:21 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Phase out macro command.

Hey all

I am looking at pulling out the macro command from all of my dial plans.
This is due to the long term phase out of macros as per the upgrade
documentation.   I would like to get feed back from others on how they
might go about this. Based on what I see it looks like Gosub / Return is
the way to do this I have already started this with new code written for
1.8.x.. From what I have found this requires variables to be scoped to the
entire call plan verses the older method of passing macro level variables.

I would love to hear others take on this topic as well before I pull out
all of my macros.

Thanks

Bryant Zimmerman (ZK Tech Inc.)

Sorry guys I went back and read the wiki again and see that I can pass
arguments in the gosub. I have been out there multiple times and for some
reason it just had not got it until I stopped and read word for word again.
It now make more sense.  I guess some days it just takes asking the
question to wake up and see the answer has been there staring me in the
face. Too many hours too little sleep some days.

Thanks
Bryant