[asterisk-users] Phase out macro command.

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Fri Jul 22 10:19:45 CDT 2011

Hey all

I am looking at pulling out the macro command from all of my dial plans.
This is due to the long term phase out of macros as per the upgrade
documentation.   I would like to get feed back from others on how they
might go about this. Based on what I see it looks like Gosub / Return is
the way to do this I have already started this with new code written for
1.8.x.. From what I have found this requires variables to be scoped to the
entire call plan verses the older method of passing macro level variables.

I would love to hear others take on this topic as well before I pull out
all of my macros.

Thanks

Bryant Zimmerman (ZK Tech Inc.)