[asterisk-users] Compact, affordable x86 devices?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Mon Jul 18 07:15:43 CDT 2011

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 08:04:31 -0400, John Novack
<jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org> wrote:
>Just about any of the HP thin clients, either new or used off eBay, with
>AstLinux installed do a wonderful job, especially if you are not going
>to need a PCI card.
>The older units will need a larger flash. Transcend has several
>different sizes that are direct replacements
>
>Looks like some of the Neoware units will also do the job.

Thanks for the tip. I'd like to buy the unit new: Are those devices
still manufactured? How easy is it to reflash them to run as a
stand-alone Linux host? Which device would you recommend to Asterisk
and a couple of other apps (small web server, SQLite, etc.)?

Thank you.