[asterisk-users] Controlling max simultaneous calls for a group/.call files

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Fri Jul 15 07:29:17 CDT 2011

We are building an app that will initiate outbound calls using .call files, and each call can be a different duration (eg: 1min to 5min).  These calls will go through an Asterisk service with other calls/apps running.

I need to control the MAX number of channels in use so I don't overload this server.   What is the best way to ensure I stay within an arbitrary limit (eg: 10 simultaneous call files in process at once)?

The call files will be written to the spool directory by a bash file, so ideally the bash file should have visibility into the number of .call files in process.

Thanks!