[asterisk-users] OT: Google Plus

randulo randulo at randulo.com
Sun Jul 10 04:40:50 CDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 10, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Steve Davies <davies147 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that Gordon. What appears to be missing at the moment is
> the ability to interface or collaborate with a group of 'strangers'.

You watch the stream to discover people but obviously that's a long
process. It will be even longer as adoption grows.

> It would be good if there were a way to broadcast a 'we're here, come
> join us' to bring a group of VoIP people together, a bit like an IRC
> channel name can do, or a Facebook fan page.

Hangouts are broadcast to the public (everyone's stream) unless you
state otherwise. Nothing stops anyone from blasting out names. If you
can find my post about VoIP people, you can add your name in the
comments or asl me and I will blast it out.

> I thought that sparks might cover that, but I'm not entirely sure how
> sparks work yet.

Sparks is currently just a topic search and it's pretty lame in
everyone's opinion.

> I agree that SIP integration would be great. I think it'll be a while
> yet but if anyone will allow it, it'll be Google.

:r