[asterisk-users] OT: Google Plus

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Jul 10 03:16:25 CDT 2011

On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 01:34:03PM +0200, randulo wrote:
> Go ahead and lambast me for this post, it isn't specific to Asterisk, but:
>
> G+ has only been open at all for a week and I already am chatting with
> over 200 people who are into VoIP, Asterisk and all the rest of the
> stuff we here care about. If you don't care or are anti-social, fine.
> But you owe it to yourself to check it, because a lot of cool VoIP
> people are there and after all, Google themselves  are doing some
> great stuff with VoIP, XMPP and video, and steadily moving towards
> open source. Come drink the Kool-Aid!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Google Talk uses an existing federated protocol. It does use many
extensions by Google (and many deviations of Google from the reference
implementation it published, but never mind).

Buzz was (technically: is) a federated protocol.

Google Plus seems to be a walled garden.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com