[asterisk-users] RTP keepalive doesn't work

Ryan Tucker Ryan.Tucker at rgtech.com.au
Thu Jan 27 22:52:39 CST 2011

So, I've done some more testing and got some more info.

I have one endpoint that does silence suppression and one that doesn't. When the silence suppressing endpoint stops sending RTP, asterisk stops sending RTP to the other endpoint. I have disabled directmedia and directrtpsetup and it made no difference. I have even forced one endpoint to use GSM and the other to use ULAW (forcing asterisk to re encode everything) and asterisk STILL stops sending RTP when the endpoint does...