[asterisk-users] OT: VoIP Users Conf Feb 4 with LifeSize

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Thu Jan 27 14:01:11 CST 2011

Hi All,

My appologies for the off-topic post, but I thought it would still be
of interest to this list.

If you've been reading our site at http://vuc.me you've no doubt seen
that we have the video call with LifeSize scheduled for Feb 4th. What?
You didn't know? Here's t
scoop:

http://www.voipusersconference.org/2011/hd-video-conferencing-with-lifes
ize/

We have a number of Logitech C910 HD webcams to give away this coming
week. These should help some people join the video conference.

Additionally, there are a few things to be considered:

1. If you want to win a webcam you must register for the call with
LifeSize. They have put up a page on their web site specifically for
the VUC. That url is:

http://www.lifesize.com/voip-register

Registration will be open until 5pm CST Friday, Jan 28th. This allows
us some time to see that the webcams are distributed before the call
the following week.

2. If you want to join the video portion of the call you must use a
LifeSize client. Unless you have LifeSize hardware already that means
the LifeSize Desktop for Windows 2.0. This software is a free download
from their web site. The trial download runs for 30 days before it
expires.

3. To participate in the video portion of the call you will need around
1 mbps of available bandwidth in each direction. That will allow for
720p HD video.

4. No. There is no Mac or Linux version of the client software. Randy
has run the Windows version on a Mac inside Parallels. It worked
surprising well, albeit at VGA resolution.

5. We don't have any access to the LifeSize video bridge prior to the
call. That means that we cannot put any effort into experimenting with
other soft clients. Hey, it's a LifeSize call...they're committing
resources to allow us this exercise. We should be respectful and let
them have the stage for the hour. Everyone will be able to watch the
web stream in any case.

Be certain to register for the call with LifeSize by 5pm CST this
Friday! Your odds on winning a camera are pretty good

Everyone on the irc channel at the appropriate time during the Feb 4
call will be eligible to win the Logitech Harmony Universal remote
control.

Michael
--
Michael Graves